Have you birthed a baby vaginally, by forceps or ventouse or by caesarean?
Want to feel in control of your body?
Want to feel that you connect with and know how to properly engage your core, pelvic floor and the muscles that support these areas?
Want to be happier, healthier, stronger and fitter and feel more positive about yourself?
Do you want the best support and advice from the most up-to-date and credible sources from the fitness and women’s health industries?
If your answer is yes, then this course is for you.
Get My Bodacious Back (GMBB) after Baby is a course that helps women to feel confident, informed, and valued!
The more you learn about yourself and your abilities, the more bodacious you feel. The more bodacious you feel, the more you work at what you need to do to achieve great results, for both your body and mind!
We focus on your health and well being after baby.
You get face to face support, plus membership to our online area, plus social media support in our private groups.
Almost 200 women have participated in this course so far, and have seen excellent results!
Our courses are designed to be small in numbers to create intimacy, trust and a sense of community. This also allows individual focus on each participant.
Foundation Phase One – Core Corrective – 6 weeks
The Foundation element of the course for postnatal mothers transforms the way women return back to health and wellbeing after the birth of their babies. Whether your children are months or years old, this course is the best place for you to start your journey to a mum who feels in control of her life.
The course is designed to help you understand what exercises work and what exercises hinder your progress and that you should eliminate from your workouts. Using corrective exercises will train the muscle groups in a way that safely and effectively improves your flexibility, alignment, strength, stamina, fitness and stability and will aid in fat loss and a reduction in your mummy tummy, to progress to a body that you are proud of.
We look at how nutrition, mind-set, hormone balance, sleep and ‘me’ time all influence a mothers recovery in the postnatal period. All of these elements contribute to re-programming your body to work the best it possibly can for you, to meet the demands of motherhood.
Phase One is a gentle return to fitness, so this is a great start for you, even if your baby is very young, you will achieve so much to improve your health and wellbeing.
Progressive Phase Two – Full Integration and Boosted Movements – 6 weeks
The Progressive 6 week element is for women, who have completed the functional fitness foundation course. They are ready to move onto more dynamic movements and releases to continue their journey to becoming a strong capable and gorgeous mama! This part of the course is tailored to your needs, you can be as dynamic or as paced as you need to be, no competition, no expectations, no pressure, do what you need to do for YOUR body and it’s recovery.
What do I get with the course?
You will have a 60 minute face-to-face class every week where you will go through the exercises with instruction. We will also go over some of the content you will learn from the online resources.
When you register for a place on the courses you will receive membership to a secure area of the Mama Wellness website where you will have access to a whole host of resources to assist you in your rehabilitation.
- Videos on alignment and postural corrections, how to recognise, check and treat diastasis and Meditation
- The Mama Wellness Directives demonstrating the main principles essential to your rehabilitation
- A Programme Journal to help you record your weekly progress
- PDFs of each 6 week exercise course taught in class
- Weekly online Quiz in the Foundation course to help with learning of all principles responsible for your recovery
- Videos of each of the 6 week fitness programmes
- A nutrition PDF covering the principles of eating well after your baby is born
- A week nutrition plan of your daily mealtimes to get you started (meat eaters and vegetarian options)
- In addition you will receive access to the private Mama Wellness support group on Facebook and WhatsApp – please note, you must give your consent to be added to these groups.
- You will need equipment for use at home
- FOAM ROLLER, PILATES MINI BALL, MINI BAND, LONG RESISTANCE BAND, TRIGGER POINT BALL, SUSPENSION TRAINER.
- You can source the items yourself or I have them all for sale for £57.
- Sample of equipment – please note, colours and style of equipment may vary.
What do I need to bring with me and what do I need to wear?
- Water and perhaps a small towel. All equipment for the classes will be provided.
- Wear either gym clothing or stretchy clothing such as leggings and a T shirt.
- We will be exercising without footwear (gripper trainer socks can be worn) so no trainers are necessary. If you need to exercise in trainers for a health reason, please mention this in your pre-screen.
Can I bring my baby?
YES! Your baby must be non mobile and is your responsibility for the duration of the classes. I will help where possible. Please bring a bumbo, bouncer or car seat or blanket for baby.
When and Where do the courses run?
The Thursday course runs at Ransomes Europark IP3
The Friday course runs at Washbrook IP8
Dates for 2019
Thursday 10am until 11am 10th January until the 28th March at for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09.30am and then 10am* thereafter. The course will run for one session only on Wednesday 16th January at 09:30am* – instead of Thursday 17th January – due to instructor being away) BOOK HERE
Friday 10am until 11am 11th January until the 29th March for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09:30am and then 10am* thereafter. The course will run for one session only on Wednesday 16th January at 12.30am* – instead of Friday 18th January – due to instructor being away) BOOK HERE
Thursday 10am until 11am 4th April until the 27th June at for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09.30am and will be 90 minutes, and then 10am thereafter. On the 30th May there will be no class due to instructor holiday.) BOOK HERE
Friday 10am until 11am 5th April until the 28th June for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09:30am and then 10am thereafter. On the 31st May there will be no class due to instructor holiday) BOOK HERE
Thursday 10am until 11am 4th July until the 19th September at for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09.30am and will be 90 minutes and then 10am thereafter.) BOOK HERE
Friday 10am until 11am 5th July until the 20th September for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09:30am and will be 90 minutes and then 10am thereafter.) BOOK HERE
Thursday 10am until 11am 26th September until the 19th December at for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09.30am and will be 90 minutes and 10am thereafter. On the 24th September there will be no class due to instructor holiday.) BOOK HERE
Friday 10am until 11am 27th September until the 20th December for 12 weeks (first session will start at 09:30am and will be 90 minutes and 10am thereafter. On the 25th September there will be no class due to instructor holiday.) BOOK HERE
What is the Cost?
It is £180 for the 12 week live and online course. Use the book now buttons above to book your preferred course date. OR…..
You can split the cost into 3 affordable monthly payments of £60 for THURSDAY
You can split the cost into 3 affordable monthly payment of £60 for FRIDAY
Please note: If you have a group of mums (5 minimum) that would like to do this course together, and would prefer a different date to those set, day or time, please contact me as I can put on this course for you separately at no extra costs. Perfect if you are a hypnobirthing or NCT group, or friends that have all had babies at the same time and want to spend some important time together in the postnatal period.
Eligibility for the Courses?
- The course is open to women who are 6 weeks postnatal after a vaginal birth without complications and 10 weeks after a caesarean birth. Please email if you are close to the recommended eligible number of weeks when the course starts, as I may be able to accept you onto the course, once I have spoken to you by telephone/face to face.
- Ideally, you should have had your 6 week postnatal check-up before you start the course. Please contact me if you want to start the course before you see your GP.
- The bookings are made on a first come first served basis. If the course is full we will advise the dates of the next course to be held and place you as a priority for the next course.
“Fantastic service led by Nina. I’ve attended the 12 week course, a massage and a yoga class all of which has made a massive difference to my recovery. Nina has so much knowledge when it comes to the journey of pregnancy and recovery. The 12 week course is just what I needed, a space in which I can work on my body with the support of Nina and more importantly a group of women who did not judge if I couldn’t complete an exercise or hadn’t had time to brush my hair that day!! The course and mixing with other mums has given me confidence and confirmed to me that a ‘snap back body’ isn’t for everyone, sometimes you need to focus on correcting and releasing your body as well as taking time for myself. I am now grateful to my body for giving me my beautiful baby girl so thank you Nina, you don’t know the difference you have made”. Alison