“This maybe the only course you will need to support you on your journey to motherhood.” Jen – Mama-to-be
Taught by Nina Parnham – A Midwife and Pregnancy Fitness Professional.
Giving you the confidence to exercise safely with experience and knowledge that you can trust. Suitable for all levels of fitness, no previous experience necessary.
This Functional Pregnancy Exercise programme gets you strong for the life you lead and ready for your birth.
Who Is This Programme For? If you can answer YES to any of these, then this course is for you!
- Are you a Pregnant woman who wants to safely get or stay fit during pregnancy and prepare for your birth with a passionate and highly trained/experienced Coach?
- Do you want to know more about your pelvic floor, core and overall health AND feel empowered during your pregnancy exercise?
- Have you experienced the odd leaky pelvic floor incident during your Pregnancy and know NOW is the time to take control?
- Do you have ‘lower back pain’ issues that you’ve been told is due to your posture changes during pregnancy?
- Do you suffer with common pregnancy ailments such as cramp or swelling?
- Are you ready to prioritise your health and fitness now for the benefit of your baby and learn ESSENTIAL skills to last you a lifetime?
- Are you ready to learn the importance of ‘rest’ and ‘self-care’ as part of your wellness journey?
- Do you want to have more energy and be able to sleep better?
- Do you want to prepare for your post natal period to ensure a deep recovery after birth?
- Did you previously have a baby that didn’t move into the optimal position for birth, and want to do everything you can to stop that happening this time?
- You haven’t previously followed an exercise plan but want to make sure you are fit and ready for birth.
- Do you want to meet other like-minded mums to be for support and friendship?
- Do you want to maintain a healthy weight gain?
What Happens In The Sessions?
You will be made to feel very welcome in my small, friendly, confidence building group. The sessions last for 90 minutes.
This class is a blend of exercises, stretches and mobilisations to keep you moving pain free throughout the trimesters and encourage a shorter birth process.
We will focus on the importance of using your core and pelvic floor and your breath which assists in your preparation for birth.
Every classes includes the ‘birth fit 10’ sequence which are exercises designed to help bring baby into the optimal position for birthing. This works well with women who are also using hypnobirthing techniques.
The class will finish with a relaxation session, to help you de-stress, connect with your body and unwind.
Every week there is opportunity to chat about a pregnancy, birth, the 4th trimester or baby topic, to help you and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions and share ideas with other mums-to-be.
The class is fun and women are encouraged to work at their own pace.
I will support and advise you throughout the class on your individual needs.
What do I need to bring with me and what do I need to wear?
Water and perhaps a small towel.
Wear either gym clothing or stretchy clothing such as leggings and a T shirt.
We will be exercising without footwear so no trainers are necessary (socks may be worn). If you need to wear footwear for a specific reason, please inform Nina on your pre-screen form that is sent to you via the email confirmation, following your booking.
You must have had your first scan and be 12 weeks pregnant or over to begin the classes, and can attend past your due date, as long as you feel well.
I support women with more complex pregnancies including diabetes and multiple pregnancy. Please check with your consultant or midwife before attending.
The cost per 8 weeks is £80 BOOK HERE
If you want to book a shorter course of 4 sessions at £48 BOOK HERE and choose the recurring option for 4 sessions
You may book as many blocks as you like throughout your pregnancy.
Single sessions can be purchased if you are towards the end of your pregnancy for £14 per 90 minute session. SINGLE SESSIONS BOOK HERE
The cost includes:
- Your initial pre-screen and assessment for suitability for the course
- Pre course video explaining your core principles
- Weekly 90 minute face to face classes with Nina
Dates and Venue
You may start at any time, as it is a rolling programme. Sessions should all be taken together. However, if you let us know at the time of booking, about a class you won’t be able to attend, you can roll over this class to the end of your sessions so you don’t miss out.
The classes are carried out at the Mama Wellness Studio, Gamma 9 Masterlord Office Village, Ransomes Europark IP3 9FJ.
Classes are Thursdays at 7pm BOOK NOW
It is advisable to start this course as soon as you can into your pregnancy to get your good habits starting early on. However, to start this at any stage is better than not at all, because this can set you up for life with a stronger and healthier body.
“Nina was very professional and understanding towards my needs. I can not recommended her services enough. Since seeing Nina I have recommended her to several friends who have appointments now booked. I have also booked in for (postnatal) exercise and fitness courses”. Claire.