My name is Nina Parnham and I am the founder of Mama Wellness – a place where women who are planning a baby, are pregnant or who have birthed a baby, can come for expert support with Health and Fitness, Postnatal Rehabilitation and Massage Therapies. I provide a holistic experience to wellness throughout one of the most important times of your life, to help you cope on your journey, and be the best version of you.
I qualified as a Midwife in 1999 and worked at both Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals in London, gaining my degree in Midwifery whilst I was there. I was based on the birthing suite, and cared for women with both normal and complex health issues. I later was posted to the community in the South London area and was present at many homebirths, as well as being ingegrated to the hospital to provide labour care for my caseload of women. After 4 years in London I moved back to Suffolk and spent 8 years working on the Midwife-led ward. I then chose to work in the community midwifery setting, gaining a promotion to Lead Midwife and then a secondment as Community Midwife Manager. Since having my two children, I opted for a better work life balance and now work part-time as a midwife.
I have been pregnant 5 times, and have experienced pregnancy loss, and also problems with conception. When I had my second child, I experienced a host of problems, both during pregnancy and postpartum, which prompted me to go deeper into pre-conceptual, pregnancy care and postnatal rehabilitation. I completed my family at the age of 39, and have recovered from a pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence issues and diastasis (abdominal separation), using modern research based methods, that I now teach to women.
My personal and professional knowledge of the challenges women face with looking after their health and wellness during the pre conception and childbearing phases gives women a well rounded approach to the care they receive.
I enjoy seeing my friends, exercising, eating well and going for regular treatments and massages to keep my health and wellness in check.
My services are based at the Mama Wellness Studio in Ransomes Europark, but I also provide services in Washbrook IP8, for those living on the other side of Ipswich.
Read what others have said about Mama Wellness.
- BSc Midwifery
- Advanced CPD in Modern Postnatal Assessment, Core Restore and Functional Exercise Programming
- Level 2 Studio Cycling
- Hatton ABC Advanced Accredited Course Boxing For Fitness
- Kettlebell Instructor
- Suspension Training Instructor
- VIPR Vitality, Performance and Re-conditioning Trainer
- Supple Strength Instructor
- Level 3 Torso training and Core Stability
- Diploma in Postnatal and Exercise Prescription
- Client Lifestyle and Fitness Assessment Level 3
- Training in Different Environments Level 3
- YMCA Level 3 Personal Trainer Award
- Level 3 Advanced Gym Instructor
- Nutrition and Weight Management Level 3
- Exercise and Nutrition
- Aqua Exercise to Music Instructor Level 2
- Step Exercise to Music Level 2
- Circuit Training Instructor
- Studio Instructor Level 2
- ITEC Diploma in Massage
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Accredited Qualification in Myofascial Release Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Massage (IAM) tools Advanced Course
- Optimal Nutrition and Lifestyle for Postnatal Healing and Recovery
- Pelvic Floor and Core Foundations Practitioner
- Mummy MOT® Practitioner
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Massage and remedial therapy
- Holistic Scar Massage Therapist
- ITEC Aromatherapy
- ITEC Reflexology
- London School of Reflexology Diploma in Reflexology in Pre-conceptual, Pregnancy & Postnatal Care
- Holistic Core Restore® Coach
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Manual Therapy