These coconut and raspberry amazeballs are little bites of heaven! They are quick and easy to make and everyone will love them. They are also super healthy. Linseeds, also known as flaxseeds are available in either golden or red seeds, but they possess the same nutrients. They contain essential fatty acids, are high in protein and packed with zinc, calcium and B vitamins 1 and 6. They can help maintain normal cholesterol levels.
Dates contain small amounts of almost every essential mineral with potassium, manganese and copper in the highest concentrations . Potassium regulates fluid balance, heart beat, blood pressure and nerve impulses. Copper helps to make connective tissues and maintain proper brain and red blood cell function. Manganese plays a part in forming bones, blood clotting factors and sex hormones, regulating energy metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar level and maintaining brain and nerve function.
Raspberries are a delicious fruit with many health benefits. As well as being high in vitamins, antioxidants and fibre, they have a high concentration of ellagic acid which helps to stop the growth of cancer cells and eliminating the progress of some cancers.
Coconut is packed with fibre which is great for digestive health. These little sweet treats should be consumed in moderation as they have a naturally high sugar content. A little tip is to store them in the freezer, so they take longer to eat so less likely to over indulge!
To make the raspberry and coconut amazeballs you will need;
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut (plus some for rolling)
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup linseed
- 4 medjool dates (stones removed)
- 4 tablespoons warm filtered water
- Use your Blitzer to mix all the ingredients together
- Use the water to add little by little to help keep the mixture moving and stop it sticking to the sides
- Roll mixture into equal size balls about 3cm diameter
- Roll the amazeballs in shredded coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for 5 days, if they last that long!
Have a look at our recipe from last week for Chilli and Ricotta Stuffed Courgettes.
Please let us know what you think in the comments of the recipe when you make your amazeballs!